Built in the 1860’s, this grade II listed detached villa stands facing the centre of a garden square. The house is 1,300 sqm made up of the original 800 sqm and an additional 500 sqm basement spread over 2 storeys. While maintaining the generous volumes and period details, the design of the interior is modern and comfortable for a private client and his family. New insertions like two glass lifts and a cantilevered glass stair lead down to a subterranean world of spa, gym and a garage in fairface concrete. This project is a collaboration with ABA International Architects.
Photographs by Recent Spaces